Top 10 Lists - not just for late night TV anymore

I love lists.  No two ways about it - I am sure this stems from my compulsive nature and need to put things in their correct and organized place.  Our house should have a cross-stitch sampler that reads, "A place for everything and everything in its place...or else."  To my mind, if a regular list is good, a top ten list is even better.  So, like every other normal human being, I throw together top ten lists for fun.  That's right.  I create my own top ten lists and save them just because.  Don't judge me, it's not like I am collecting stray cats and might end up on an episode of "Hoarders".


Today's top ten: Things that bring on the creativity

10. Driving in the middle of nowhere on a perfect sunny day, windows down, radio way way up
9.  The black and white photograph titled, "VJ Day, The Kiss"
8.  Things that I think qualify as "milestone events" in my life
7.  Passages from novels - certain lines of text or dialogue
6.  ANY video of a soldier returning home - gets me  EVERY TIME
5.  Family dynamics both subtle and obvious
3.  Favorite songs (this is another list in and of itself)
2.  Pieces of overheard conversations

and drum roll, please...

1.  Unexpected mood swings (this does not mean that I think myself particularly moody, just to be clear)

There you have it.  Top 10 things that stir my creative wok, so to speak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark that lives inside.

The one where I need a suit of bubble wrap because the hits keep coming

In the middle of nowhere, but I have everything.