"It's a Haiku." "Bless you."

Ah, haiku.  The poem that sounds like a sneeze.  It seems like it should be pretty easy to do - just 17 total syllables - one line of 5, next one has 7, finish it off with another line of 5.  Well, usually when things sound like they should be easy in theory, they end up being difficult in action.  (Similar to what I remember of dating and learning to drive a stick shift...)  Let's give it a try, shall we?  We shall.  First we pick a topic or two.  Let's go with flowers and gnomes.

Haiku #1 - Flowers
Tipped to the sunlight
Smell good like spun sugar rain
Clip then love inside

Haiku #2 - Gnomes
Creepy small with smirk
Pointy hats and too short pants
Scaring me to hell and back

And that's how you write a haiku.  Sort of.  Like I said, sounds easy in theory...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark that lives inside.

The one where I need a suit of bubble wrap because the hits keep coming

In the middle of nowhere, but I have everything.