Patience is a virgin...I mean viranda...ah, virtuoso....(sigh) a virtue

I have no patience.  None.

I submitted some pieces in early June and now I've resorted to sitting here, staring at my mailbox, tapping my foot and waiting to hear a response.  This particular publication clearly states that it generally takes 6-8 weeks to respond to submissions and I can barely stand it!  GAH!  It is entirely possible that I might throw a bigger fit about waiting so long to hear back from them than I will if they send me a "no" letter.   (Not that I am prone to fit throwing, but if I were...)  On the outside I am like Gibraltar - freakin' rock steady and unflappable.  But on the inside I am like an über caffeinated hamster on wheel - spinning wildly out of control and going nowhere, all while making awful high-pitched squeaking noises.  Perhaps I can ratchet this anxiety down by listening to a few select songs:

  • "Please Mr. Postman" by The Marvelettes  (Because it's funny.)
  • "Patience" by Guns 'N Roses (Duh.)
  • "With a Little Help From My Friends" by Joe Cocker (Yes, I like the Beatles...but I love this version)
  • "Shut Up and Dance" by Aerosmith  (Really, when all else fails, just dance.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark that lives inside.

The one where I need a suit of bubble wrap because the hits keep coming

In the middle of nowhere, but I have everything.