The one with/out the hair.

So, I  finished chemo round #2 and this is the part where my hair goes buh-bye.

I was ready, mostly. I couldn't even touch my head without the hair falling out. Basically, shedding like a golden retriever. Now, I had previously purchased two beanie/stocking hat things, some bandannas, and a wig in preparation for this. The wig is something that I have yet to fully embrace but have it like a security blanket. Who knows, maybe I'll never wear it. Maybe I'll wear it everyday. I think I need to figure out if covering my bald head is more for me, or more for the people around me. I feel mostly okay with my new look, but will it eventually freak out my neighbors? I dunno. As of right now, I cannot stop thinking about the possibility of losing my eyelashes. How in the hell am I going to put on eyeliner without blinding myself? I use my eyelashes as a guideline and guardrail to avoid that! Ugh. And drawing on eyebrows? I do not know how to do that, and if you do it wrong, it doesn't just look "off" it looks horrifying. Oh well. We'll worry about that when and if. When and if, folks.

At any rate, on Thursday night around 8:30 p.m. I just up and decided that it was time to shave my head. The hair wasn't going to stop falling out and I couldn't handle the shedding any more. Believe it or not, the hair falling out made me more self-conscious than the idea of being bald.

You can see here where my hair is just gone. 

Why wouldn't we take an awkward photo mid-shave? I look a little like Roger Klotz from "Doug" in this photo. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's funny, I promise. 

Here's the hubs shaving my head. Now we have the same haircut. 

First look in the mirror. 

Sounds odd, but this is a face of relief. So stressful to constantly worry about your hair falling out in big ol' chunks.


Well, now that the hard part is done, I ordered some new earrings since my ears are on full display and I've been looking online at different eye makeup styles. I mean, might as well make the most of the situation, right? It's not so bad. One less thing to worry about and it certainly saves time in the shower. (...and now I know that I don't have any weird bumps or dents in my head. Yup. I've got a good shaped dome.)

...and one with a fancy chapeau. 
So yeah. That's what's new.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark that lives inside.

The one where I need a suit of bubble wrap because the hits keep coming

In the middle of nowhere, but I have everything.