A list of songs that give me "the feeling". (Not that feeling. Seriously, stop being a perv.)

I know I have talked about "the feeling" before.  You know, the particular tingle that starts at the top of your head and moves down to the nape of your neck, out through your shoulders, and ends up as goosebumps all along your arms? "The feeling" that reverberates through your spine and ends somewhere around your tailbone? This is the feeling I want when I write. Sometimes I can bait the feeling with music. What songs specifically, you ask? Well, I've got a short list right here for you! No, I didn't go all "High Fidelity" and rank them and group them by category. It's just a list, in no particular order...

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Wonderwall - Oasis
The Light - Common
Tattoos on this Town - Jason Aldean
Love Like You - Paper Tongues
Closer to the Edge - 30 Seconds to Mars
To Make You Feel My Love - Garth Brooks (yes, I did mean this version, not Adele)
Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver (No, most definitely not the Patsy Cline song)
Drive - Incubus
Some Nights - Fun.
Beautiful Girl - INXS
Lightning Crashes - Live
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Gigantic - The Pixies
Once in a Lifetime - The Talking Heads
Nothing Compares to You - Sinead O'Connor
Shadowboxer - Fiona Apple
Blackbird - The Beatles
Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
If it Kills Me - Jason Mraz
Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel
Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatters - Elton John



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark that lives inside.

The one where I need a suit of bubble wrap because the hits keep coming

In the middle of nowhere, but I have everything.