Sharing the Joshua Tree

Okay gang.  It's been quite some time since I have posted.  No more chit-chat. Here we go.

Once again, I called upon my friend Zak to supply me with a picture to use as a writing prompt. He did not fail me.

So, here is the photo...
"Desert near Joshua Tree" Photo credit: Zachary Chipps 2012

And here is my piece titled, "Sharing the Joshua Tree"...

Deserts are never deserted. This isolation is all in your head.
No one could be alone here.
Not really. Even when you try.
This is the land of solace. No pretenses.
You will be seen, but not judged. You will be weighed, but not measured.
This place doesn't care if you remember your dreams. Only that you have them.
Just open your eyes and go.
Follow the horizon divide, mountainside, or center line. It's all the same as long as you are going.
Somewhere. Anywhere.
I will share my Joshua Tree with you.
Because we are never alone here. Not really.
Even when we try.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark that lives inside.

The one where I need a suit of bubble wrap because the hits keep coming

In the middle of nowhere, but I have everything.