The difference between a window and a mirror

 I don't have any clever hype or backstory for this one. Just had an arrow of inspiration and went with it. 

The difference between a window and a mirror


When I look at you just right 

I can only see the petals

Not your thorns.


Your horns

That accompany your devil may care

Attitude


The altitude of your ego is so high

Mountains to climb

Climb up up and up into the clouds


Your eyes have clouds

so thick

I can barely it happen

That moment when your pupils

Dilate


Your laser focus

Has turned and fixated

On me


Targeted

I stand in the dark

Totally unaware of what is to come

What is running after me

An unwitting player in a game of cat and mouse

The chase 

The race is on

With no way to see the path I’m on

Running blindly


But what if I stopped 

Turned around

And let myself be caught


Caught up in you

Your arms

Your curiosity


Then you open your mouth and let the sun shine out.

Would it be so trite to say

Now I can see the light?

The light of a new day dawns

The way your words lie in your mouth

Lie in the curve of my ear

Just lies


What do I see when I look at you?

Through this glass.

In this mirror.


Photo credit: Me. 2019. Lincoln, NE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark that lives inside.

The one where I need a suit of bubble wrap because the hits keep coming

In the middle of nowhere, but I have everything.