Well, it was so nice, I did it twice!

Yup. I did it again. I put my poetry in the UNL Staff Art Show. AGAIN.

I know that last year I was a nervous wreck at the First Friday reception for the university staff art show, and this year wasn't any easier. It was almost worse because I knew what to expect this time. I knew there would be a guest book where strangers could leave notes about the pieces on display and there was no way I could not look at the book. Like a moth to a flame I started flipping through the pages to see if anyone had anything to say about my stuff. Well, they did. AND IT WAS LOVELY!! I was beyond elated. These two folks took the time to jot down their thoughts and it made me feel so good inside. Totally worth the nausea and sweaty palms.






There is no need to reiterate to you all that I am by no means an artist by definition. Sure, I like to make things and try new artsy stuff that I see on DIY blogs - - but I am a writer. That's my sweet spot. Sometimes I like to display my writing in a way that is visually appealing in hopes of getting more folks to read the words I wrote. Sometimes it looks like this when I'm done:

I titled this one "House of Cards". Copyright Jennifer Klein 2014. 

I don't have much more to say about this experience other than I will keep entering a piece into the staff art show every single year. It will continue to terrify me, I'll always be a bit shy about it, but hopefully it'll keep surprising me at how awesome it feels when I get to see my poetry hanging on a gallery wall. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark that lives inside.

The one where I need a suit of bubble wrap because the hits keep coming

In the middle of nowhere, but I have everything.